Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Food , nom nom

              Yesterday, as I was sitting in the room chilling with my siblings suddenly I kinda felt hungry..hehe…ah yes I really am a foody person who has to eat all the time and almost everything I want to. It was raining outside. It is summer buts it was windy (may be because of the climate change we’re facing!) and one could really feel the chill on their body. the weather itself asked me to cook Thukpa, a tibetian cuisine! A piping hot Thukpa laced with some super hot dried chilli flakes would be the perfect catalyst to tingle my senses as well as filling up my pot belly that gargles in hunger. Thukpa is a food which is basically found in countries like Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan. And then I started making thukpa as supper for us. We scold winter (you know what I mean). But since it was a rainy day we took it as hot thukpa on a cold day in the summer. Yes , quite confusing though.

So here’s how I made it.

Ingredients:
· chicken/beef/buff stock
· 1/2 packet egg noodles
· eggs whisked
· spring onions with leaves chopped fine
· garlic minced
· vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil
· Coriander leaves chopped fine to garnish

Preparation:

· Cook the egg noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and run cold water over them to prevent them from sticking together. Keep aside.


· Heat the oil in a deep pan and fry the spring onions and leaves in it till soft.
· Add the garlic and fry for a minute
· Add the stock, salt to taste and boil for 10 minutes.


· Pour the eggs into the soup whisking all the while to break them up. Turn off the fire.
· Put some noodles in a soup bowl and spoon the broth over them.


· Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve them HOT!!


You can have them with Chinese sauce for more chilly and spiciness.
More delicious when served with family and friends. Have a good day!! Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. that looks so good..i think i may try making that now haha

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. ah yes you should probably try this :D

      Delete